[Gasification] Anybody know were the energy comes from?

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 02:42:23 CDT 2014

Water has hydrogen. If water vapour is sprayed on burning coal, you
get a mixture of CO and H2, which is combustible. In this case, the
energy comes from the burning coal itself. People have also used red
hot iron in a similar reaction, which yields hydrogen and iron oxide.
But in this case, there must be an external source of energy to start
the reaction. If the hydrogen burns where it is produced, the energy
released by burning hydrogen might be  used as additional source of
energy.
Yours
A.D.Karve

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM,  <Carefreeland at aol.com> wrote:
> Anybody?
>     The Navy is making fuel from seawater. What is the energy source??
>

> http://www.ibtimes.com/
>

>         Dan Dimiduk

***
Dr. A.D. Karve
Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)