[Gasification] [Stoves] Chip Guillotine

Doug Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Wed Jan 1 13:35:50 CST 2014

Hi all interested in this project challenge.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions offered so far, and it has already changed my original ideas. The cardboard model and chip stick size shows that an 8" (200mm) disc is probably more practical, and a curved bottom blade would imitate the action of lopper shears.

It is important for all interested to remember, that these should be manufacturable in the basic workshops found in developing countries, or any rural place with limited facilities. No doubt they could be made in China, but that isn't always the best option for rural economies to bootstrap themselves.
Seed money in the right places can do wonders, just like making stoves has achieved.

With a bit of luck, I should have a working prototype by the end of next week, but holiday time in New Zealand is the time for wrenched backs, shoulders knees and ankles, so applying emergency treatments in the clinic keeps me out of the workshop (:-(

Happy New Year folks.
Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.