[Gasification] Biocoal markets

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 14:49:56 CST 2014

Kenny,
    If you check the Stoves and Gasification list  archives, as well as
Wastewatts list,  you will find an extensive  discussion I led on these
subjects probably about a decade ago. Why does it  take SO long for anybody to
follow my lead?
    If anybody had been sponsoring research back then,  I was ready to
submit free plans to farmers to build charcoal retorts. That way  they could
turn all of the waste biomass they burn off to charcoal with the same  time
they spend tending open fires
    . I was then wanting to establish a competitive  trading market down on
the Ohio River around Portsmouth just down from the  international rock
-coal trading fututers market depo. If you build it they will  come. Back then
rock steam coal we selling for about $25-50 ton locally and Iowa  was
burning Wyoming Powder River basin low sulfur coal for about $10/ ton  delivered.
They just roll it out of the mine and down the hill to power Chicago.  Hard
to compete with that.
    I got tired of talking to closed ears and got bored  with the subject.
I also got hungry as Delphi closed and shut North  Dayton's economy down. I
was forced to trash everything I built with a forced  move of my landscape
business. Things have not improved much since.
    My personal goal was to establish a business  converting demolition
wastes to metallurgic char complete with the nails and  screws ready to melt
iron.  In about 2003 I also walked out of a meeting  with Cliffs Resources
Research Division. There I was made an offer to partner on  developing smelting
processes for iron ore. It seemed to me that a 2 billion  dollar company
did not make a balanced business partner with the inventor who  couldn't pay
his mortgage.
    They wanted to develop the process on a  10,000 ton per day basis and I
invisioned small family run foundrys partenered  with family run
greenhouses using the waste heat to grow oranges in Ohio and  such. We had different
ideas of how to develop it and still do.
    If DOE is serious about reducing carbon emissions  they have had over a
decade to seek me out and make a deal I can live with. I'm  not hard to
find. I about gave everything away to get attention. I did most of  the
research back in the late 1990's when I was still preaching about Global  Storming
( A 1988 observation I made with a friend) and they were still  questioning
weather global warming could exist.
    I spent most of my waking and sleeping hours back  then researching
processes that got around all of the so called obsticals  that anyone could
throw at the problem.  It was mostly
all figured out in 2001. I was learning to use the internet,  looking for
Research Grants when I met Tom Reed and Ron Larson. Tom Reed  helped teach me
how to use a keyboard because I did all of that research without  the
internet.
     Everybody talks but nobody lays money on the  table. When they do,
they want a controlling interest in the project or want  some University to get
credit for everything. I have about 2 quarters of  college.
    Now I'm getting old and the recession has made me  very poor,
destroying my business.
. I lost a lot of my memory of all the discoverys I made due to West Nile
Encephalitice. If we had a patent process that protected small inventors
instead  of feeding them to the international corporations for snack, I'd have
been glad  to write stuff down. Instead the patent process has been made
much worse since  then. Date of dicovery doesn't even matter anymore. Screw the
patent office.
    Maybe you can talk with your DOE people and see if  they ever even
heard of me. If they are really serious, then come sit at a  table, and I'll try
to clean the cobwebs from my brain. We can see if we can  pick up where I
left off so long ago. The older guys on this list know me. Most  of them have
had the same treatment.
    If not, I have a Solar Thermal Greenhouse to  rebuild, and a
landscaping business to try to save. My kids need college money  and we need to eat
everyday. I have two years to pay off my 5 acre business  property or loose
it. I am building an experimental sustaniable off grid  nursery/ foundry to
demonstrate all this stuff. That is because nobody  listens to me nor any of
us and I have to show them. If I live long enough to  see anything happen.
    Maybe they will do better to give another  BILLION  dollars to Range
Fuels and Solyndera. See how well that worked  out. Meanwhile we were all
starving and had real technology ready to  develop for pennies. I am vocalizing
what many on these lists live everyday.  When will the Government learn?
    Check out my website at:  carefreelandscape.co

    Dan Dimiduk
    Owner: Carefree Landscape Maintenace Co. Since  1980
    Founder : Shangri- La Research and Development Co.  Since 1990
    Developer : Ohio Charcoal and Iron Company Since  2000.