[Gasification] Fwd: RE: Whole log pyrolysis for char production was Re: W...

GFWHELL at aol.com GFWHELL at aol.com
Sat Jan 4 19:13:55 CST 2014

Using radiant heat  from refractory (ceremics)
There is something  about the performance of the ceramic panels which burn
gas for the   production of radiant  heat.   They run at about 1000F
I  believe these panels would be capable of cleaning the gas leaving the
production  zone of  a down daft gasifier.
A simple experiment would be to run  a panel on dirty gas to see if there
is any improvement in the appearance of the  gas being burned. Like an
invisible flame!
I am thinking of slicing up an  auto catalytic converter to make some super
filters.
These of course would  need to be installed sufficiently close to the gas
producing area
in order  to prevent condensation of any tars which might build up,
poisoning  the  filter.
For this purpose a little secondary air might be needed.

GF

In a message dated 1/3/2014 1:49:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,