[Gasification] Mk2 Chip Guillotine

Doug Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Mon Jan 20 22:24:14 CST 2014

Hi Paul and Colleagues,

I managed to get back to the job quicker than I thought possible, thanks to the awful weather we are experiencing at the moment.

A redesign of the side plates from open jaws to hole (2.5") now provides a fully supported disc blade that can only slide past the cutting edges without touching. This gives a really clean cut as you can see in the photos. The stick is a poplar pole with a maximum diameter at the cut of 1.3/8", so a useful size that can handle most forms of small round biomass. For my own purposes, I will be cutting as many differing  species during this Summer as I can find, as I am studying these fuels in the gasifier to establish how the char evolution differ.

I will write up some comments and do a drawing for the Fluidyne Archive, and you can take it or leave it as the needs determine.

Hope this helps.

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.