[Gasification] Heating With Pellets

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 26 21:50:36 CST 2014

"And it can even produce electricity - just strap on a water jacket
to make steam."

Gosh, some people are new at this.  I just happened to be looking at
http://www.greenturbine.eu/en/product.php which produces 1.5 kw, and
costs Euro 5k by itself.  It also requires an adequate of superheated
dry steam at 200C, and
A condenser (plate heat exchanger)
A vacuum pump, also working as a condensate pump
An overspeed protector device
A rectifier
An inverter, if grid connection is required
Unfortunately, it does not seem to be designed to add a simple
centrifugal brake for overspeed protection, and  boiler design is the
craft that gave birth to modern insurance companies and safety
regulations.

Bob Stuart