[Gasification] Charcoal and biochar

thomas reed tombreed2009 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:17:02 CDT 2014

Greg:

Wood pellets at $4/bag are 1/3 the cost of gasoline at $4/gallon.  That
should be sufficient incentive for anyone doing a LOT of driving to
consider switching to pellets.

There is also the green aspect of pellets.  They are renewable from the
biomass all around us and they don't increase the CO2 in the atmosphere.

If you burn only the volatile 80% cellulose in the pellets (TLUD), the
remaining charcoal/biochar can be tilled into the soil for an additional
improvement of the atmosphere AND the soil.

This should be enough wino-win to consider greater use of pellets to run
cars and trucks.
COMMENTS?

Tom Reed

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Greg Manning <a31ford at gmail.com> wrote:

> gasp;ine = gasoline........
>

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 5:59 AM, Greg Manning <a31ford at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But Kevin, if the pellets cost MORE than gasp;ine to drive the same
>> distance, then why go on a gasifier in the first place !
>>
>> Greg

NOTE:  PLEASE CHANGE MY ADDRESS TO TOMBREED2010 at GMAIL.COM

Dr. Thomas B. Reed
The Biomass Energy Foundation
BEF, BEC, BER