[Gasification] Marine Wastes

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 08:10:58 CDT 2014

 The DoD has tried to use plasma gasification for MSW and it was a miserable failure, costing huge input power, high operating expenses including replacing carbon electrodes as expensive and frequent, inconsistent performance, never achieving the rated output and very unstable operation. The multi-million dollar system was scrapped. Others have also made it to the scrap yard.?

We have a small gasification system that can operate on marine waste, MSW/RDF, a system for presorting the MSW into a RDF as a single unit, and operate an IC engine as an independent unit and or supply thermal power. It is 18 ft. x 8 ft and around 8 ft. tall and operates on around 200 pounds/hour and when mixed with other materials, can also operate on waste oils such as those that might be derived from bilge water. It produces a white/grey ash with some clinker in it, with very low carbon content and volumetric reduction of 90%+.?

To those who are considering developing this type of system, any existing process used in gasification should be discarded to avoid wasting a huge amount of time and resources without success. This comes after many decades of seeking innovative methods to address the problems. The list of what doesn't work is quite extensive.?
Sincerely,
Leland T. "Tom" Taylor
Thermogenics Inc.?
www.thermogenics.com