[Gasification] 3 injured in Fortum bio-oil plant explosion

John Miedema jmiedema at peak.org
Fri Mar 28 17:58:09 CDT 2014

Hello Roland,

Thank you for the information about your process.
Is your process a "slow" pyrolysis reaction?

If so the bio- oil is a substantially different product then the "fast" pyrolysis oil that some companies are trying to convert to motor fuel .

Am I correct that you are combusting this oil for thermal energy and not attempting to run a motor ?

Are you making an aqueous phase also? If so, are you finding use for this "wood vinegar" ?

I have a gasification/ pyrolytic hybrid that I built and can make a slow pyro oil in my process. I am currently pouring the oil onto some of  the feedstock going into the gasifier  and boosting my fuel btu ( and getting rid of that oil).

John Miedema
BioLogic Carbon
Philomath, Oregon

Sent from my iPhone