[Gasification] Tennessee company - pyrolysis biochar + hydrogen ($1.75 per gallon diesel-equivalent?)

Art Krenzel phoenix98604 at msn.com
Sun May 11 21:28:24 CDT 2014

Dr. Karve,
The Haber Bosch Process is used to convert hydrogen from natural gas and nitrogen from air into ammonia.  Yes, it is an energy intensive process.
See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haber_process
This conversion is typically conducted at 15–25 MPa (2,200–3,600 psi) or 150–250 bar and between 300–550 °C (572–1,022 °F), as the gases are passed over four beds of catalyst, with cooling between each pass so as to maintain a reasonable equilibrium constant. On each pass only about 15% conversion occurs, but any unreacted gases are recycled, and eventually an overall conversion of 97% is achieved.[1]

Art Krenzel