[Gasification] newbie question...

hugh hugh at austrop.org.au
Sat Apr 4 16:18:55 CDT 2015

Hi

I just downloaded his video - from http://www.samuchit.com/ .. couple of
great ideas for cooking - and the biogas generator is a very simple
design with built in gasometer. They look really nicely made -
unfortunately the biogas unit needs the feedstock (kitchen scraps)
homogenised (with a blender) before loading - fine for us with good
solar power - but a problem for non powered locations. Guess you'd have
to make a manual masher .. The cooking system seems to be stainless
steel - looks well made .. I'm a bit mystified by the pyrolysis stove ..
but it seems to work (and produces biochar - which is used in the
charcoal brazier!).  It would certainly make a mess of our gas bills!!!

Unfortunately the cost of bringing the biogas generators to Australia
would be prohibitive - but I'm inclined to get a sample of the stoves.

Will let you know how I get on..

Hugh