[Gasification] eliminating carbon monoxide from coal gas

Ronald Hongsermeier rwhongser at web.de
Sun Apr 12 04:56:24 CDT 2015

Okay, after reading this three times, it seems your goal is to cull the
coal gas of its CO and use that as automotive fuel.  I think, if my
memory serves me correctly that the energy lost in the various
conversions necessary would make this even more energetically
disadvantageous than the already c. 10/1 energy density (dry
biomass//delivered energy at engine) of biomass <=> liquid
gasoline/diesel fuel already is. For driving an internal combustion
engine you will lose way too much energy in conversion to make this
anything but a financial hole in the ground. That's why automotive
gasifiers directly connected to the engine via a filter, cooling and
control system were developed in the first place.

regards,
Ron