[Gasification] eliminating carbon monoxide from coal gas

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 01:42:26 MDT 2015


A note explaining the background of my query:
Hydrogen represents a clean fuel. I am a biologist and I came across a
lot of very fancy microbial procedures for obtaining hydrogen. One
needs specific microbes for this purpose and keeping the microbial
culture pure is a big hassle in most large scale microbiological
reactions. Some very simple physico-chemical methods are available for
obtaining hydrogen. I got interested in the one using charcoal,
because it is based on a renewable resource. This is the explanation
why I wanted to remove CO from coal gas. I thank the list members for
the overwhelming response.
Yours
A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)


On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Anand Karve <adkarve at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Mark,
> thanks for the tip.
> Yours
> A.D.Karve
> ***
> Dr. A.D. Karve
>
> Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)
>
> Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)
>
>
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Mark Elliott Ludlow <mark at ludlow.com> wrote:
>> Dear Dr. Karve,
>> Bubble the gas through ammonium hydroxide solution.
>> Mark
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Gasification [mailto:gasification-bounces at lists.bioenergylists.org] On
>> Behalf Of Anand Karve
>> Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 8:15 PM
>> To: Discussion of biomass pyrolysis and gasification
>> Cc: Manohar Badiger
>> Subject: [Gasification] eliminating carbon monoxide from coal gas
>>
>> Coal gas as automotive fuel
>> Agriculture, forests and urban centres  in India produce annually about 1000
>> million tons of combustible waste biomass. Its energy content is almost 3
>> times as much as the petroleum that we currently use in our country.
>> Samuchit Enviro Tech developed a simple and nonpolluting technology for
>> converting combustible biomass into charcoal. When hot charcoal is treated
>> with steam, it produces coal gas, consisting of a mixture of carbon monoxide
>> and hydrogen. We have used this reaction in an experimental stove, in which
>> the coal gas is
>> used as fuel.   Can anybody suggest a simple method of removing carbon
>> monoxide from coal gas?
>> Yours
>> A.D.Karve
>>
>> ***
>> Dr. A.D. Karve
>>
>> Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)
>>
>> Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gasification mailing list
>>
>> to Send a Message to the list, use the email address
>> Gasification at bioenergylists.org
>>
>> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web page
>> http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/gasification_lists.bioenerg
>> ylists.org
>>
>> for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
>> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Gasification mailing list
>>
>> to Send a Message to the list, use the email address
>> Gasification at bioenergylists.org
>>
>> to UNSUBSCRIBE or Change your List Settings use the web page
>> http://lists.bioenergylists.org/mailman/listinfo/gasification_lists.bioenergylists.org
>>
>> for more Gasifiers,  News and Information see our web site:
>> http://gasifiers.bioenergylists.org/



More information about the Gasification mailing list