[Gasification] Two Engines One Gasifier

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Wed May 20 08:17:18 CDT 2015

Lot easier way to do it.

Sincerely,

Leland T. "Tom" Taylor
Thermogenics Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: gasman <gasman at welho.com>
To: Discussion of biomass pyrolysis and gasification <gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Wed, May 20, 2015 7:11 am
Subject: Re: [Gasification] Two Engines One Gasifier

Hello, Jeff!

There are two logical "formulations" that, when both used, gives a practical working solution for an "independent" motor starting from a common gas-line.

A common gasifier delivery line usually (in a good system) keeps below 50 cm H2O.

A motor with tight valves, without overlap and hidden crankcase ventilation into the manifold develops ~ 500 cm H2O at cranking.

Combined with the fact:

Identical pressure drops over identical openings (slots) results in IDENTICAL FLOWS.  (with similar fluids)

Using identical ganged twin flaps with identical geometry for gas and air will deliver a 50/50 air/gas mix, if starting both from atmospherical pressure.

The secondary air intake pressure has to be regulated to equal the momentary gas-line

pressure with a membrane and air-line flap, sensing the resulting air-pressure versus the gas-line pressure.

This way the total pressure drops in both "legs" will constantly be equal.

To furthermore assist slow crank starting, the twin-flaps will be closed by a trimmable spring closing the flaps COMPLETELY.

A manifold-vacuum membrane or cylinder, diameter ~2-3" opens the twin-flaps

when the spring starts to give in for a vacuum of ~100 - 200 cm H2O.

This opening increases as the motor fires, and has to be controlled by a manually settable stopper = idle limiter!

When fired, there has to be a "change over" to automatic run...

Max Gasman