[Gasification] Difference between Coal and biomass gasification

Jason urepedese at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:44:11 CDT 2015

Dear Tom Reed,

my experience is that it doesn't burn as hot, but yes much much longer.
Theory I figured is that surface to volume wise there isn't as much
available energy, but I like your point about volatiles.

These observations from my woodstove technology which isn't a straight
gasifier as such. Fuel was either a locally available bituminous coal or
split radiata pine softwood for the firewood.

Kind Regards

Jason Stewrat
http://www.intensifire.co.nz/