[Gasification] Coconut Charcoal

acdewi at gmail.com acdewi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 21:33:30 CDT 2015

Hello all - Cheers from Bali!

I am part of a team developing various coconut products ranging from virgin coconut oil, palm sugar, coconut flour, etc.etc.

We will be processing around 1 million coconuts this year and want to effectively, efficiently, and affordably utilize the coconut shell as a value add product.

Anyone have experience with making coconut charcoal? Or a step further, making activated carbon with coconut shells?

In the future (year 2) we will be incorporating biomass gasification using coconut shells, but for the upcoming year we are looking for solutions to our coconut shell surplus.

Thanks in advance,

-Angie