[Gasification] Save the Date: Biochar 2016

linvent at aol.com linvent at aol.com
Sat Oct 24 21:28:16 CDT 2015

In responding to the issue of carbon utilization, cells form organic matter in the soil which is one of the most important components for plant growth. Organic matter can neutralize toxins, including heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides and acts as a reserve for water and nutrients when formed properly. Cells also use CO2 from the air and limestone (carbonates being the largest CO2 sink or reservoir on earth by at least 10x) to form cellular mass. Some cells are immortal so that they are longer CO2 sinks than soil carbon by itself. By the way, the best way to trap CO2 is to harvest trees and build houses out of them as the houses will stand for perhaps hundreds of years, but trees fall in the forest and give off CO2 and CH4 when they decompose. So, if one is truly interested in reducing greenhouse gases, go harvest as many trees and make houses out of them. This of course sends environmentalists into orbit, which I wish some would stay as their breath emissions of CO2 won't come down to bother us.
As to research links, the information on humic acids is so prolific that I do not know where to begin. I am enclosing one University of Vermont researchers' article on our humic acids and it has information on using them for algae production.
One item of potential interest is our experience with water savings using humic acid products which can be found later in the document at:
 http://old.agronicsinc.com/ricoverdebrochure.htm

Sincerely,

Leland T. "Tom" Taylor

Agronics Inc.