[Gasification] field of wood

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Jan 17 14:19:27 CST 2016

Toby,

A company in Texas sells bagged, toasted, wood chunks that they make from hardwood round wood. They sell to the outdoor barbeque market which is decidedly big in the South and Southeast.

Pallet stock makes great biochar. A pallet recycler in the Midwest developed a biochar processing line. As of last year they have changed their use of the material which may now be being used as fuel. There are many reasons why biochar marketing or production can fail. In spite of the benefits it’s not just an easy sell.

Potential as fuel usually depends on transportation to users.

Tom