[Gasification] Graphene Biochar from Proton Power

Doug doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 04:37:39 CDT 2016

Hi Kelly and Colleagues,

Pleased to see you are excited about discovering the secrets that our
char making processes can manifest. Graphite structures were observed in
our gasification waste char back about 1978-9, but what you call
graphene was suggested to us as being fullerine carbon. Like yourselves,
a number of different researchers have identified potential to use these
carbons, but need funding to pursue their research. Producing a
commercially pure product may have challenges, especially competing
against existing suppliers, probably more difficult than selling
gasifiers(:-)

The Raman spectroscopy data
<http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=6271>was done here in New
Zealand and some 40 samples analyzed if I remember correctly. I have the
original Paper on file on file if anyone is interested to obtain a copy.

You can see some early photos "Carbon Blacks" November 2008, and the
later "Char and Graphitic Soot" December 2011 in the files of the
Fluidyne Archive. http://www.fluidynenz.250x.com/

Hope this may be of interest.

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.