[Gasification] Where is Everyone?

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 2 17:56:39 CST 2017

Thanks, Doug.

I'd been worried about coking, so you have saved me a test setback.
Will a cyclonic separator upstream help?  I've never dealt with coking,
so I don't even understand its vulnerabilities.  Would a good wire
brushing with each new load of fuel do the trick?  That could be
automated pretty easily.

All the ICEs have to deal with the power for a compression stroke.  I'll
do the math on intake vs exhaust volume before building, of course, to
make sure the turbo efficiency is a minor fraction of the equations.
With a built-in air pump, a condensing flue is easy to arrange, and it
recaptures any heat used to burn wet wood.  Would the steam help clean
coke?  It eats carbon in an ICE.

 From what I know about generators, a rapidly spinning magnet is quite
effective.  Those little DC-DC voltage converters are surprisingly small
and efficient, running at very high frequencies.

Bob