[Gasification] Where is Everyone?

energiesnaturals energiesnaturals at gmx.de
Tue Jan 3 03:29:26 CST 2017

Here I am!

To substitute gasoline or diesel in engines is technically far more difficult than a simple (?) thermal use of biomass.

So why not begin with that? What challenges me would be a combination of char production and energy so that one helps to pay for the other.

Biomass can be dead cheap. Charring is be costly, if you have to stand there and wait for it on a small or medium scale, and in most cases the energy is lost.

But if you have a use for the pyrolitic energy of the volatiles, the personell attending this process ( i.g. in the case of ceramics production or asphalt smelting or whatever) could survey both.

I feel an increasing interest and demand for char in agriculture and other related fields.
It's all about getting going and other applications will follow if one works!

Who helps me?

Rolf

Enviat des de una tauleta SamsungDoug <doug.williams.nz at gmail.com> ha escrit:Hi Pete,

We are only as professional as our need to breath the same air. Because we all are at different  levels of knowledge, none of us can know how to answer, or ask questions, due to the differing perspective of how our interests have "drawn us in". We all share that gasification has such promise for energy applications, so asking questions or providing answers is the reason this list was created.
Yes, there have been other groups form to discuss gasification, There are no short cuts to reliable gasifier performance, but information without scrutiny can only speak for itself. This Forum and it's extensive collection of related information, was the first to recognize the need for such discussions and become available to us all. There never has been any restriction on who participates, and some very good people have  shared with us particularly in the earlier years.
It's a mute point drawing the low price of gasoline into our discussions relating to an alternative for fossil fuels! It's not about the price, but availability which can change over night, and for me, that means being able to be self supporting in time of need. NZ has had a reported 32,000 quakes this last year, plus major storms that destroyed electrical distribution facilities. Are any of us really prepared for the inconvenience when, not if, it comes?
Doug Williams.