[Gasification] Getting both heat and char .....

Doug doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:35:40 CST 2017

Hi Rolf,

The Shasta 2 charmaker is still in the development phase although it has
completed it's conceptual design testing satisfactorily . You are only
seeing a naturally aspirated flare stack, not a Cyclomix burner that has
the pressurized air (heated or other wise) added before combustion. The
technical challenges are as Art stated, very hot gas or air will burn
most known steels, although using Austentic high nickel stainless does
work in some places. Making char in any commercially viable volume and
using the pyrolysis gas again for commercial application, required
moving parts that hate the conversion of biomass into gas of any sort.
Possibly there are other researchers that have solved some of these
issues, and I hope in the coming weeks to find lost colleagues to learn
of their progress.

While the long term view of your project has to have commercial
outcomes, it's initiation without $$$ can only be very low tech using
your gasifier to establish proof of concept. To that end, we need some
input, from this lady who has the need for the firing technology. How do
we do that, can we use SKYPE for a discussion? I also have suggestions
to finance the second phase after the first trials, and get extra hands
involved to get the work done.

Doug.

Doug Williams.