[Gasification] Kalle

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 11 23:04:59 CST 2017

A char-gasifier has charcoal as its initial raw fuel.

And the resultant gases (called char-gas to distinguish it from woodgas)
are primarily CO and H2 and some methane.   Very clean, without the tars
of pyrolytic gases.

Disadvantage (historically) is that much energy in the wood (perhap 60
to 70%) was simply wasted or worse, became polluting smoke.

But when the wood (biomass) can be pyrolyzed and the pyrolytic gases can
be meaningfully used (as in TLUD stoves), now the char was made in
environmentally favorable condition, without the wasted heat.

Paul

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com