[Gasification] Gasification for Power Generation in SubSaharan Africa

Harrie Knoef harrie at knoefconsultancy.com
Fri Oct 11 03:51:53 CDT 2019

Hi Tom,
The current status of gasification for power generation in Sub Saharan Africa is very actual. In 2017, LTS International and E4Tech (both UK) implemented Phase I of the Bioenergy for Sustainable Energy Access in Africa (BSEAA) study. BSEAA is investigating opportunities and challenges for the roll-out of bioenergy technology in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and supporting the development of innovative solutions. The study included six Case Study Reports related to biomass gasification, none of them operated successful. All of them are imported technologies from India, China, Canada and Dominican Republic.

I am involved in the Phase II study of BSEAA. Main task is to investigate the barriers of implemented gasifiers and define enabling conditions for successful adoption and expansion of small scale biomass gasification technology in SSA countries.

Hopefully I will be able to answer the question of Tom Miles during this project. Any suggestion or comments regarding the BSEAA study are welcome (harrie at knoefconsultancy.com).

Thanks,

Harrie Knoef