[Greenbuilding] finding coils inside (new) chest freezer walls?

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Mon Dec 6 10:09:50 CST 2010

On 12/4/2010 12:34 AM, Reuben Deumling wrote:

> Question 2: on the assumption that the answer to question 1 is no, is it
> reasonable to assume that (a) I might find the coils by feeling for warm
> spots once it is plugged in and running?, and (b) what are the chances
> that the coils will be confined to one of the four walls?

I was quite surprised when I pointed our (work) IR camera at my freezer,
and saw the warm coils very clearly.  I suspect even a simple infrared
thermometer would get you the information you want.

You might consider Speireag's rule.  No new electrical appliances until
the PV panel to power them can be purchased as well.

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap