[Greenbuilding] finding coils inside (new) chest freezer

Paul Eldridge paul.eldridge at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 6 16:36:29 CST 2010

[Sorry if this is a duplicate -- it appears my previous reply was
"scrubbed" because it was thought to be an HTML attachment.]

Hi Reuben,

I'm sure Nick could calculate this for us with laser sharp precision,
but with an interior temperature of -20°C, say, I would expect the
surface temperature of the exterior cabinet to be somewhat cool to the
touch, and under high humidity conditions this colder surface could
result in condensation.  Freezers are often located in unheated
basements where high humidity can be particularly troublesome, as is
certainly true of our maritime climate.

Cheers,
Paul