[Greenbuilding] Wood by the pound.

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 15:00:27 CST 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Kathy Cochran <
kathys_old_house at goldrush.com> wrote:

> When I first started up my wood stove, people told me, “oh, you’ll need
> about 3 cords.”  It has turned out to be about 4-1/2 cords.  (Northern
> California)

Interesting. Thanks for that datum. Can you say two words about
- the temperature at which you like/try to keep things,
- the square footage of your house,
- the insulation levels?

Reuben Deumling,
who now after finally getting around to completing the insulation in his 660
square foot 115 year old house with 2x4 walls is anticipating dropping below
1.5 cords this winter (~4,000HDD), down from close to 3 cords when we had no
insulation to speak of.