[Greenbuilding] Wood heat

Ron Cascio roncascio at verizon.net
Mon Dec 27 19:47:34 CST 2010

When we renovated a 100 year old farm building into a hunting shed a few
years back, we built the wood shed on the outside wall just behind the
woodstove. Built a small double door (one inside, one outside) hatch so one
could open both and load wood from the woodshed directly onto the brick
hearth next to the stove. Works like a charm.

At our old house we had a woodshed that held three cords about located 50'
from the house. Best dog I ever had... all I had to do was open the door and
say; "Mango, get some firewood." and that dog would bring wood into the
house and drop it right next to the stove until I said; "Good boy". I miss
that darn dog, for more reasons than there are words to describe.

Ron