[Greenbuilding] Wood again [storage]

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 13:28:36 CST 2010

That will depend somewhat on how long the wood has been down/dead before you
cut it up. Most of my firewood comes from oak trees that may have fallen
two, five, ten or even twenty years ago. These don't take much
seasoning/drying to be perfect--one summer stacked outside does it for me.
But cherry I've found won't dry with the bark still on, even if cut to
length, stacked and of modest diameter. I have to split it for it to dry, no
matter how long it has been on the ground or how small a diameter. Quite
frustrating. I'm pretty much done with cherry as firewood.