[Greenbuilding] Green Homes in Takoma/SS and Solar Home Tours in DC Region in October (10/2, 10/3, 10/16)

sat jiwan ikle-khalsa satjiwan_khalsa at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 20:58:13 CDT 2010

dpes no one post these tours here?
I'm sharing the DC region ones that i help organize (in particular the lower carbon footprint touring (walking biking) in the Takoma Area tour+ 1-2 mile radius).

I know this list is national/international, so here's the ASES national tour locator for something near you:
http://nationalsolartour.org/

(are there similar events in other countries.  or is it just the US that needs to have special tours showing the exceptionality of green building?)
 -sj
*************

Please to forward this to others (friends,
colleagues, neighbors, lists, networks) who may be interested.  Word of
mouth is our primary mode of promotion...

Takoma Area Green Homes and
Gardens Tour

www.Truthful-Living.com

October 2 from 11 a.m. to 5
p.m.

As part of the regional Washington DC Solar Homes Tour, the
Takoma Area Green Homes and Gardens Tour includes a handful of homes and points
of interest that encompass an area within a 1 to 2 mile radius. The tour is
designed for lower-carbon footprint touring -- walkable, bike-able or just a
shorter range of driving to more easily and less-impactfully see multiple
homes. From small-scale energy efficiency retrofits, to green additions and new
construction, the focus of the Takoma Green Tour tour is to demonstrate changes
everyone can make in their homes. A few homes from the Takoma Tour are also
part of the Washington DC Tour of Solar homes. The rest are exclusive to the
Takoma Tour. For more information, download the Takoma Area Green Tour Guide from
the website.

AND
OTHER REGIONAL TOURS: http://solartour.org

D.C. Metro Area Solar Homes Tour

October 2-3 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Western Maryland Tour

October 2-3 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Capitol Hill Energy Cooperative Solar Home Tour and Fair

October 16 (Fair 10am - 2pm, Tour noon - 5pm)

~ ~ ~ ~ please use my permanent email address: satjiwan at alumni.brandeis.edu ~ ~
~ ~

Some of my recent projects:

Takoma Area Homes and Garden Tour - Saturday Oct 2, 2010, 11-5pm

SEE: http://www.Truthful-Living.com

Now (Low-volume) Blogging at: http://truthful-living.blogspot.com/ (as of 6/09)

Green Building Consulting Services - Green Homes Tour  - (and free monthly
column, green home building resource and energy guide)

Annotated green house renovation photos - www.SaveOurSky.com - corn stove cooperatives - Takoma
Park Green Building Group