[Greenbuilding] straw clay

Stephen Collette stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
Fri Oct 15 20:41:18 CDT 2010

Hello Chris and all,

You should get a hold of Paula Baker-Laporte and her husband Robert Laporte. They are the ones who really worked hard to bring this back to North America. www.econest.com They've written the book, run the workshops, built the buildings and tell the story.

The CMHC external research paper that  John oversaw was done by Joshua Thornton. I have the document in my hand but can't find the document number on it. Go to CMHC's website and drop in "Initial Material Characterization of Straw Light Clay". Robert and Paula also played a big role as advisors. They have the doc linked on their site as well. Joshua's website is www.naturalbuild.ca

I hope that helps.

Stephen

Stephen Collette BBEC, LEED AP, BSSO
Your Healthy House - Indoor Environmental Testing & Building Consulting
http://www.yourhealthyhouse.ca
stephen at yourhealthyhouse.ca
705.652.5159