[Greenbuilding] Light Clay Walls

Michael O'Brien obrien at hevanet.com
Tue Oct 19 12:22:54 CDT 2010

Hi, John--

Yes, the building smells like a mix of cedar and earth, it's a very nice fragrance.

I read an article that said soil bacteria cause human brains to release endorphins, which helps explain happy gardeners. I wondered if the same was true of the cedar-clay mix, too, as we all were in a good humor while working on it.

Best,

Mike

On Oct 19, 2010, at 7:19 AM, JOHN SALMEN wrote:

> Great pictures Mike, Thanks
>
> I can just imagine how wonderful the air must have smelt.
>
> JOHN SALMEN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
> 4465 UPHILL RD,. DUNCAN, B.C.  CANADA, V9L 6M7
> PH 250 748 7672 FAX 250 748 7612 CELL 250 246 8541
> terrain at shaw.ca

Mike O'Brien Photography
1905 N Alberta Street
Portland, Oregon 97217