[Greenbuilding] Eltron -

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 30 11:36:26 CDT 2010

John, although I have no experience with the Steibel Eltron Tempra, a
couple of years ago I did a bunch of research into tankless electric
heaters and ended up choosing Hubbell ( http://www.buytankless.com ).

Numerous reasons:
1	best (most accurate and lowest-flow) flow control system which
activates at .25 gpm where most only kick in at about .5 gpm. Obvious
water-saving advantages.
2	Capable of accepting intake water at any temperature which therefore
allows it to be used very effectively in a recirc loop. (several can't)
3	Very well designed: Sharkbite connectors, making it easy to install
and maintain; 16" mounting holes (amazing how few had this simple
feature); and capable of precise control with comprehensive
performance info feedback.
4	A good warranty with the backing of a very solid company and very
responsive customer support.

Disadvantages: No Canadian distributors, but they were happy to ship
direct.

This info is a couple of years old so maybe S-E have improved their
units, but on paper the Hubbells won easily for me (and is working
very well).

Regards,
Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net