[Greenbuilding] proof that stringent energy codes are effective

Brian Uher brian at amicusgreen.com
Mon Sep 27 07:50:25 CDT 2010

 Question:

If we believe (for conventional buildings) that only 15% of the
carbon=(maybe)=embodied energy, the rest is O and M,
 do we (collective we) agree that addressing energy use is the first
priority, then embodied?

Yes, obviously as the embodied/O and M mix shifts, the majority of
carbon will shift (most likely) to the first cost/materials/embodied part.
It begs the question...

Thanks,
Brian