[Greenbuilding] Electrical line shading of solar PV modules

Robert W. Tom Archilogic at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 7 10:59:49 CDT 2011

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 09:46:13 -0400, elitalking <elitalking at rockbridge.net>
wrote:

> Since sun's rays are parallel, I assume the shadow created on a clear
> day is the same as the thickness of the wire.

I don't know nuttin' about nuttin' about active solar gizmology but it
would seem that it should be possible to set up a reflector that would
direct sunlight to the shaded portion of the panel.

And what about the trick of placing a mirror behind a candle flame during
blackouts to increase the amount of light falling upon a page (back when
people read books that were made out of paper instead of battery power ) ?

Or what about mounting the array on a pipe oriented along a N-S axis and
which rotates to track the sun ?
In the spot where the wires cast a shadow, one would just shift the panels
along the pipe to miss the shadow. No ?

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom