[Greenbuilding] Timbersil

Sigi Koko sigikoko at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 10:05:05 CDT 2011

On 4/8/11 9:55 AM, "Gennaro Brooks-Church" <info at ecobrooklyn.com> wrote:

> has anyone used Timbersil? Price?

I don't ever specificy pressure treated lumber, always an alternative,
whether naturally rot-resistant wood, recycled plastic lumber, or Timbersil
depending on the application.  And so I've had Timbersil used on a number of
projects for fascia board, sill plates, decks, etc. and have been very happy
with the results.  It cuts, stains, etc, just like regular wood.  If you
want it to look finished, it's a good idea to sand it down before staining
or you may get a raised grain.  But that's pretty minor.  It lasts and
doesn't discolor over time.  It is a bit more expensive, but I have not
found it to be 2x to 3x more...something more like 1.5x more, but you should
be able to contact the manufacturer to get exact pricing (that includes
shipping) for your region.  In terms of ordering, if there isn't a
distributor near you, you should be able to approach a local lumber mill and
order through them.  I haven't had any difficulty getting the material on
site.

Hope this helps.
Sigi

Sigi Koko, principal