[Greenbuilding] best lumber for raised vegetable beds

Ron Cascio roncascio at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 03:28:46 CDT 2011

The heartwood of Eastern Red Cedar (Juniperous Virginiana) is very rot
resistant, and has been used around here for fence post for centuries (not
that the wood has lasted that long, it's just the wood of choice along with
Black locust). It does not split well and must he sawn.

Before cutting one down realize that more species in NA rely on ERC for food
and shelter than any other tree species.

Ron