[Greenbuilding] building floor on top of rigid foam... (basement/garage retrofit)

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:38:26 CDT 2011

Any particular reason not to vary the relative thicknesses of the two
materials? I've planned to do as you say, but have secured at a good price
enough 2.5" foam and 1-1/8" T&G plywood. I was going to put these atop
compacted 1/4" minus gravel, with a vapor barrier (or not? I see you didn't
mention one).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reuben Deumling