[Greenbuilding] Opinions on electric tankless HW heaters?

Nick Pyner npyner at tig.com.au
Fri Apr 22 22:58:44 CDT 2011

Indeed. Peace of mind and social responsibility are just as important as
environmental sensitivity. (So make sure your rainwater tank is properly
mosquito-proofed too!!)

I take on board your comment about the height of the element but I have no
idea just how high they are normally located. I assumed they would be as low
as possible. I have just given my neighbour a bare copper tank and I know
the element wasn't right at the bottom. I will get him to measure it.

I am right now in the process of installing a small electric storage heater
with its own kWh meter. It has a 65C thermostat. It probably won't be very
fair but I will see how it compares to yours!

Nick Pyner

Dee Why   NSW