[Greenbuilding] envirotabs?

Steve steve at greengeek.ca
Tue Apr 26 18:42:51 CDT 2011

Hi all,

> Does anyone know about the fuel product envirotabs (see below)? Not exactly
> green building related but it may effect the vehicles our companies use.

I've seen products like this before, but none with marketing quite
this over-the-top!

> The "credibility and "reputation" of our Drive Green, Save Green product is
> as follows:

"Credibility" and "reputation" indeed... quotes are absolutely
necessary in this case, to outline these "facts". heh.

> 1.  The engineering and chemistry of our product has won the "Nobel" prize.
>     No other company world wide can say this.

Products don't win Nobel prizes, people do, that's why nobody says that.

> 2.  EnviroTabs is EPA registered.

AFAIK, the EPA doesn't handle product registrations...

> 3.  EnviroTabs has a world wide "Patent".

Patents are granted by individual countries, none are "world wide"

> 4.  EnviroTabs reduces harmful emissions up to 85%......YES!!! 85%.

85% of what, CO2? NOx? Particulates? All of them, exactly 85%, for
every vehicle?

> 5.  EnviroTabs increases your MPG up to 38%...(tremendous gas savings).

Again, for every vehicle? Impressive.

> 6.  EnviroTabs lowers your maintenance costs
>     (truck oil changes are now at 40,000+ miles between oil changes)
> ....................and so many more documented benefits....see the links
> below.

Right....

There are ways to improve fuel economy and reduce emissions, and many
car manufacturers are starting to do so.. but there's no such thing as
a magic pill that can perform these miraculous claims, I'm afraid. I
don't recommend associating yourself with this company, the whole
thing screams "scam!".

Also, their tagline "see you at the pump".... shouldn't that be "we
won't see you at the pump"?? :)

-Steve
--
http://www.greengeek.ca