[Greenbuilding] 2000 miles on a scooter to get to the green building conference

RE-USE Consulting go2nacho at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 16:47:52 CDT 2011

Saving Energy: 2000 miles on a scooter to get to the green building conference

Hello all.  I am planning to attend the Building Materials Reuse Association's conference on building deconstruction, material reuse, and CD recycling in New Haven, CT starting May 16th, 2011.  T he challenge is riding a scooter 2000 miles to get there!

Follow us on Facebook as we interview and meet with the EPA, state and county officials, reuse businesses, and deconstruction contractors stretching from Florida to New Haven (2000+ miles) --- all via a 250cc scooter!  We are talking to them about how reclaiming building materials like flooring and framing takes 11-13 times less energy than manufacturing the same items new again.

We will also be talking about green building, CD reuse and recycling issues, primarily focusing on building material reuse and deconstruction and boosting reuse operations hit by bad economic times.  Also, we would like to create some green collar jobs along the way!

REMEMBER TO LIKE US SO YOU CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE TOUR!

FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Re-Use-Consulting/168260119870367

David Bennink, Owner
RE-USE Consulting
360-201-6977
dave at decon.us
www.reuseconsulting.com

National Building Deconstructor of the Year - 2009/2010
Vice President-  Building Materials Reuse Association      www.bmra.org
FACEBOOK>>> http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Re-Use-Consulting/168260119870367

Dave Bennink
RE-USE Consulting