[Greenbuilding] Crushing Clay

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 6 01:22:41 CDT 2011

I have an old commercial 1/3 yard cement mixer that I used once for breaking
up some local dried clay. I loaded  a few shovels of 1 1/2" washed drainrock
(uncrushed) and let it run and then dumped it on a screen. It was pretty
effective and didn't harm the mixer (baffled but very heavy duty steel).
Clay turned out to be useless for what I wanted but it worked to make a
coarse powder.