[Greenbuilding] 17-minutesRE: EMF (and RF) radiation (was Re:PV Tracking)

Carmine Vasile gfx-ch at msn.com
Sat Aug 6 09:33:28 CDT 2011

Gennaro: Here's a much bigger "environmental stressor" than EMF for those that stood or sat on a Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL) hot spot or live[d] in its fallout zone since the 1940's:17 to 214
Minutes To Reach 50 Miliserverts (mSv)

    A person standing on BNL hot-spot #SB37A-C would receive a dose equal to
the EPA’s Evacuation Standard of 50 mSv/yr
in about 17 minutes
from Cs-137 alone. At the corresponding average dose of 0.13 Billion Bq/kg, it
would take only 214
minutes to for a person to receive a 50
mSv dose, compared to a Fukushima hot-spot that would deliver this
dose 4 months,
according estimates by Shih-Yew Chen of Argonne National Laboratory. A
Cherynobl hot-spot would deliver the same dose in about 6.4 months because Cs-137 fallout levels in
some villages near Chernobyl reached 5 million Bq/m2 [135 million
pCi/m2]; about 63% of Fukishima’s. (“Japan Soil Measurements Surprisingly High”
by Jocelyn Kaiser”, 3/25/11)   Vegans like you and Sanjay should be very concerned for reasons in the following Comment Re: : “Cuomo:
State to toss back fishing license feeo, by MARK HARRINGTON (Newsday, 8/6/11): Thank you Governor Cuomo for blocking mindless DEC studies; given the
DEC has wasted millions in taxpayer dollars secretly testing radioactive marine
life and deer that flee the Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), yet not one
dollar was used to educate or warn hunters and an unsuspecting public not to
eat wildlife or farm produce within
BNL's fallout zone.

In fact, on 9 January 2002 a dazed BNL deer fled for its life; only to
be killed by a vehicle. The DEC found it contained a huge level of Cesium-137
(Cs-137) 21,000 pCi/kg =9,534 pCi per pound. That’s about 1.6 times the legal
limit of 500 becquerels per kilogram (13,500 pCi/kg or 6,129 pCi per pound).
[1]

According to BNL's Site Environmental Reports (SERs) for 1997 to 2010
@  www.bnl.gov/ewms/ser/default.asp,  soil contaminated with Cs-137 was used for
landscaping, thereby creating radioactive vegetation eaten by deer and other
wildlife. Yet the DEC failed to warn us against eating LI animals or farm
produce contaminated by decades of Cs-137 fallout from BNL

No state or federal official issued evacuation orders, yet U.S.
officials advised Americans to evacuate 12 to 19 miles from Fukushima --and the
whole World was informed last month that meat from 11 cows shipped to Tokyo
from Fukushima prefecture was found to have 3 to 6 times the legal limit of 500
becquerels per kilogram [13,500 pCi/kg or 6,129 pCi per pound] of radioactive
cesium. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesium-137#cite_note-4)

But the DEC failed to warn LI hunters not to eat deer containing up to
778 becquerels per kilogram. Why?

___

[1] "IN BRIEF;
Brookhaven Deer Shows High Radiation", By Valerie Cotsalas NY Times,
February 24, 2002must be very concerned because

Carminegfxtechnology.com