[Greenbuilding] Earth-berming an existing home

Leslie Moyer unschooler at lrec.org
Thu Aug 11 16:28:53 CDT 2011

Termites, too, I reply to myself....  :-)  It's not the aesthetics I'm after (though that would be okay--most. boring. house. ever.), it's relief from this incessant heat-gain. There are some other things I can do, so I guess I need to do them first.  During the time we were designing a new home (different place from where we live now), we were designing an earth-bermed home and I am so convinced of their benefits in my climate.  I was just longing for that solution, I guess, to this godawful heat (which did finally break yesterday, thankfully).

Leslie Moyer
unschooler at lrec.org
www.ShadyGroveNaturalFarm.com