[Greenbuilding] undercabinet fluorescent fixtures

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 16 22:55:21 CDT 2011

I like that line about it being a maze. I find designing a residential
kitchen worse than a boat. Early on I defaulted to halogen pucks and now led
has thankfully replaced that. I don't really think it is really useful
working light - more like an accent or nitelite than anything else and
wasteful for that - but then I also don't like upper cabinets. Modern
residential kitchens were essentially designed by some rich brat in the 30's
so her staff would be more efficient??

Led pucks are cabinetmaker friendly and are pretty well integrated now with
your criteria except they generally do incorporate plastic for housing and
lens.