[Greenbuilding] Flatten the Curve

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:11:08 CDT 2011

Corwyn,

> "To limit Legionella colonization at the domestic level, we suggest simple
> and general measures: 1) use independent domestic water heaters,

> 2) maintain high cleaning standards,  Meaning what?
>

> 3) periodically replace components of the system which could favor presence
> or dissemination of bacteria,  Meaning what components?

I immediately checked our rural water analysis to find we essentially have
no copper in our system, or a negligible amount.   We have a cousin who
recently returned from Europe with legionnaire's disease which, with other
complications, nearly killed her, so I'm not quite an complacent about the
possibilities as I was earlier.  Our DHW is also our floor heating system.
It gets flushed during the summer with a switch of the water flow but I am
aware of potential problems nonetheless.

So curious what the above measures mean.

thanks,  Sacie