[Greenbuilding] Greenbuilding Digest, Vol 12, Issue 23

candtcampbell at juno.com candtcampbell at juno.com
Sun Aug 28 17:55:43 CDT 2011

I have not experimented with different detergents. My clothes are almost exclusively cotton and the city water probably is medium hard. But if I were to put a pair of blue jeans out to dry on a rack, I would expect the jeans to be so stiff when dry that they would almost stand by themselves. And badly wrinkled too. Underwear, flannel shirts and T shirts would fare no better.

Charles

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 7:21 PM, candtcampbell at juno.com <
candtcampbell at juno.com> wrote:

> How does one use racks or hang clothes to dry without them getting stiff?

Maybe it is your detergent? I've never dried my clothes on anything but a
rack or clothes line all my life and I've never thought of the results as
stiff. Perhaps you could explain the problem?