[Greenbuilding] drying clothes

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:42:45 CDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Erin Rasmussen <erin at trmiles.com> wrote:

> I do something like 8 - 12 loads of laundry per week,  but we have at least
> 4 people, and we need to wash linens fairly frequently. I have a wonderful
>  1950's era  laundry line posts, spread 20 or so feet apart, and I can
> manage 4 super loads of laundry at a time.

So that works out to 2-3 loads *per person per week*. I am interested to
learn that this volume doesn't in your experience necessitate the use of a
dryer. However I remain intrigued by the decisions to escalate laundering
volume. A friend of mine wrote a book *Comfort, Cleanliness and Convenience*:
*The Social Organization of Normality* in which she explored--among other
fascinating topics--the sociology of laundry and laundering in the US and
the UK.