[Greenbuilding] drying clothes

Steven Tjiang steve at tjiang.org
Tue Aug 30 14:46:32 CDT 2011

Back to the original topic of drying clothes.  I have always thought it
might be interesting to

(1) Import one of those heat-pump european dryers and modified them for use
in the US.  Does anybody here have experience with converting European
appliances (not necessarily a dryer) for the US?

(2) A DIY project where your take a regular electric dryer, disconnect the
heating element and then duct the dryer exhaust vent through the evaporator
(cool) side of an air conditioner (to extract the moisture) and duct the hot
air from the condenser (hot) side of the air conditioner into the dryer
intake.  Probably not as effective as one of the European units but might
work.  Might even work better than a regular condensing dryer.

---- Steve (KZ6LSD)

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Benjamin Pratt <benjamin.g.pratt at gmail.com