[Greenbuilding] Black Locust instead of Ipe

Sacie Lambertson sacie.lambertson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:10:02 CST 2011

Clarke, Honey Locust is entirely different than Black Locust.  The former
could never be substituted for the latter unless you were to use in indoors
and wanted a wood with a totally different look.

Honey Locust rots easily, practically if you just look at it.  OTOH it is a
beautiful wood when milled and if it doesn't have insects in it, is
beautiful as interior wood (though not as pretty as is Kentucky Coffee, but
similar).

Sacie